Saturday 29 September 2012

I am a little brain dead right now. It's been a busy day. Happy things from today:
1. My wonderful husband let me sleep in this morning while he fed the kids and got the house going. I was sooooo tired!
2. Richard had a friend to help in the garage today so he didn't have to work all day alone. It makes me happy when he's not having to work alone.
3. Me and the kids got to go to a housewarming for a church family this afternoon. Boy, they call it a housewarming, but it is this FAMILY that is warm!-they are the nicest people, and I am so happy that they got this big house for their big family. It was a great day. My kids played with their kids all day long. They were tired and happy when I finally packed them up to go home.
4. I found a new bakery today. I thought fresh bread would be a nice housewarming gift, so I stopped at this bakery I've been eyeing for awhile. I went in there on an empty stomach and, oh my! did that place smell good! After I made my choice the guy asked me if he could get me anything else. I said, "Well, I really want to just buy your whole store!" and the other customers started laughing, because they knew just what I meant. It was a YUMMY bakery! Their pumpkin cranberry scones are amazing....
5. I also found this house. THE house. Out in the country. No neighbors! A garden. A swingset. A yard, more yard, and another yard...get the picture? A three story, white dollhouse with a huge front porch. See, I was lost. I really had no idea where this road I was on was going. I was hoping that it would lead back to Calgary from Didsbury. And then I saw this house. I said, "I'm just gonna slow down and look..." And THEN, I saw the For Sale sign. Really? Hmmmm....I'm lost...I accidentally run into the perfect house....and it's for sale....The wheels start turning...I pulled down the long lane to look and drool. Yes, I could picture my four kids playing in that yard in wild abandon. Well, anyway, of course I'm just dreaming. We're not really going to move or buy a house anytime soon. But it was fun while it lasted. :D
6. The final reason I'm happy is because I am finally home and am going to go upstairs with my sandwich and snuggle next to my hubby who I haven't seen all this long day and I miss him. So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment